What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recall Plan for Animal Food

Started by , Jun 08 2018 05:12 PM
1 Reply

Hi All,

I work for a milk replacer producer for livestock and we are in the process of setting up our recall plan then performing a mock recall. I've come across many recall plans and examples for human food but not much for animal food. There is one dog food example that is commonly used. 

If you haven't seen it yet it can be found at this site: http://www.nda.nebra...yPlan062716.pdf

I am curious to see if anybody has a livestock recall plan they are willing to share or know where one is located on these forums. Also, if anyone has any specific suggestions for setting up a recall plan for animal feed I'd love to hear it. I've found a good amount searching through the forums but  a lot is geared at human food.

Thanks for all the help!

~BM

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall?
[Ad]

The recall plan will be exactly the same.

You should be able to go back 1 step to your supplier and forward 1 step to your customers. Perhaps you don't have to use as strict time line (food less than 2 hours for a tractability exercise), but you should still aim to complete it as quickly as you can

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Can we use Mock Recall information for a Traceability Exercise Risk assessment to determine if recall necessary Customer requesting information for mock recall