What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Total plate count, yeast & mold and enterobacteria criteria

Started by , Jun 25 2018 10:01 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what are the procedure to follow (cleaning, stop production ?) when there is to much TPC, Y&M and Enterobacteria on the surface compare to the criteria that the company implemented (for exemple in case of a criteria fix to 100UFC/10cm² and we have 200UFC/10cm² when we control).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Total Residual Solvents for Flexible Packaging Materials Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results? Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test
[Ad]

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what are the procedure to follow (cleaning, stop production ?) when there is to much TPC, Y&M and Enterobacteria on the surface compare to the criteria that the company implemented (for exemple in case of a criteria fix to 100UFC/10cm² and we have 200UFC/10cm² when we control).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi jofrance,

It may depend on yr process and how big the failure is, eg yr standard may be unrealistic ????

Thank you Charles for your answer, for total plate count the standard is 25ufc/10cm² on the process knowing that the company I work in is producing low risk products. I think it's too low, and we almost always have to much. If we put this standard higher what would be the maximal that we can accept ?

Thank you Charles for your answer, for total plate count the standard is 25ufc/10cm² on the process knowing that the company I work in is producing low risk products. I think it's too low, and we almost always have to much. If we put this standard higher what would be the maximal that we can accept ?

see the link in parallel thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ds/#entry127487

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Total Residual Solvents for Flexible Packaging Materials Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results? Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test Total Oil - sources of contamination and how to test Total Plate Count Can the Quality Manager/SQF Practitioner conduct a total audit? Thermotolerant coliforms stated as total coliforms. Significant error? Acceptable level of total coliforms for ready-to-eat grains? Total Coliform Count in Frozen Produce