What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Tuna product evaluation

Started by , Aug 14 2018 03:56 AM
2 Replies
im a newly hired as a finished product evaluator but i graduated in not related to this field..
i just trained for 1 day and my boss told i will do my own research what else need to do should observe in evaluating a product..

i would be glad and thankful those who will share any information or ideas in evaluating a tuna canned product..

thank you
😍😍😍
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Tuna salad sandwich HACCP plan for a distribution center Tuna Salad Processing Tuna in Oil High Fat Content What is the commercial name in USA for the young little Tuna? Labelling of Italian canned tuna exports to USA
[Ad]

im a newly hired as a finished product evaluator but i graduated in not related to this field..
i just trained for 1 day and my boss told i will do my own research what else need to do should observe in evaluating a product..

i would be glad and thankful those who will share any information or ideas in evaluating a tuna canned product..

thank you

Hi keal,

I assume that you have some basic technical background but not including haccp. Hopefully enough to utilise the materials noted below.

From food safety/process POV my initial suggestions would be to -

(a) locate/enrol in  a HACCP training course.

(b) have a look at the website linked below which IMO is rather amazing.

https://www.aboutsea...d-tuna-haccp-4/

(c) maybe have a look at a book "Fish Canning Handbook" by Bratt.

Good Luck !

Also research organoleptic inspection procedures (AKA sensory)

You really need to understand how the tuna is made, and what can contribute to failures in cans and finished products

Similar Discussion Topics
Tuna salad sandwich HACCP plan for a distribution center Tuna Salad Processing Tuna in Oil High Fat Content What is the commercial name in USA for the young little Tuna? Labelling of Italian canned tuna exports to USA Italian canned tuna for USA HACCP Plan for raw frozen histamine producing fish, tuna Staph. aureus contamination in Canned Tuna Are Tuna Salad Wraps under FDA or USDA Jurisdiction? Retort process parameters affect on canned tuna drained weight