What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Suggestions for environmental testing

Started by , Aug 29 2018 07:49 PM
2 Replies

Hi.

We are a BRC Certified food manufacturer with the luxury of a small plant.

Our process is mix, cook, fill and cool.  We're hot-filling containers with temps that guarantee 5 log pathogen reduction in an environment where the floor and equipment are frequently wet.  Product water activity is 0.9 to 0.98.

We currently test Zone 1 regularly with ATP and do some incidental listeria testing on drains and floors with corrective action as needed.

For BRC version 8, however, we need a more formal environmental testing program; a major customer has also specified the need for a structured pathogen testing program.

I'm a frequent follower on the forum and would appreciate some suggestions from more experienced members than myself.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Suggestions for implementing ISO 22000 in catering Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Need suggestions on the creation of a document register, document control and labeling of each document Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene
[Ad]

Bhanson,

I am not sure if the following will cover your query, but is an excellent presentation on this topic (for your review):

http://www.ifsqn.com...monitoring-r148

1 Thank

Excellent stuff; thanks very much for the link!

Similar Discussion Topics
Suggestions for implementing ISO 22000 in catering Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6 Need suggestions on the creation of a document register, document control and labeling of each document Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene Software Suggestions Biologicals- B, C and P hazards suggestions Continuous Process Flow corrective actions suggestions Quality Not Included-Suggestions Welcome Suggestions for PPE Storage and Locker Rooms