What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preservative for extending the shelf-life of smoked fish dip

Started by , Sep 17 2018 05:20 PM
1 Reply

I have started a small business making smoked fish dip.  I make it homemade and am curious if there is a preservative that I could add to extend shelf life without harming flavor.  Also how much of it should I use.  I usually make it in gallon batches.  Thank you for your time and help.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Hazard Analysis - Preservative Preservative to Prevent Hummus Spoilage? Testing of Preservative Chemical What criteria is required to create a no preservative claim?
[Ad]
Bananaj,

You will need to request the article by creating an account but I think that this article will point you in the right direction.

Odunayo Olatunde, Oladipupo & Benjakul, Soottawat. (2018). Natural Preservatives for Extending the Shelf-Life of Seafood: A Revisit: Natural preservatives for seafood…. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety. 10.1111/1541-4337.12390.

The site where you can grab it is here:

https://www.research...ves_for_seafood

Good Luck!

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Hazard Analysis - Preservative Preservative to Prevent Hummus Spoilage? Testing of Preservative Chemical What criteria is required to create a no preservative claim? Sodium Benzoate as a preservative in pickled vegetables Is it mandatory to write down "preservative (potassium sorbate)", or is "potassium sorbate" enough in the US? Will Japanese authorities allow potassium sorbate as a preservative? Can we use Potassium Sorbate as preservative in heat treated desserts? Sodium Metabisulphite as Preservative in beverage inquiry