What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recommended Standard for Foods and Water ICMSF

Started by , Nov 05 2018 07:23 AM
1 Reply

Dear all,

Hi and good day to you.

Recently, I'm looking for recommended standard for food and water ICMSF. 

I got this info from one of my customer. Then, I search on the internet to verify the info unfortunately did not able to find it.

So,  can anyone please help me..

Where can I verify this info whether it is true or not?

Recommended Standards for Foods and water from ICMSF (International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods)

Organism                            Raw and ready to eat food         Ready to eat food                      Raw food                      Water & Ice Cube

Total Plate Count (cfu/g)       ≤100 000 or ≤1.0 x 105                     ≤10 000 or  ≤1.0 x 104                <500 000 or <5.0 x 105                <100 cfu/100mL

Coliforms (/g)                                      ≤50                                             ≤50                                 <500 or < 5.0 x 102                      <1 cfu/100mL

E. coli (/g)                                         Absent                                        Absent                                  <50                                           Absent

Salmonella (/25g)                            Absent                                        Absent                                     Absent                                         -

Staphylococcus aureus(/g)              Absent                                         Absent                                    <50                                              -

Yeast & Mould                                 1.0 x 102                                                  1.0 x 102                                         < 1.0 x 103                                                   -

Thank you

Wasila

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% What is the recommended distance between fly control units? Is FSSC 24000 recommended for food manufacture? How do you manage inks that have passed their recommended shelf-life? Recommended Quality Management System Software?
[Ad]

Hi Wasila,

With the possible exception of so-called zero-tolerant species, food micro.limits (particularly Regulatory ones) tend to vary with country and type/status of the food.

Here are some ICMSF guidelines (quite old but I'm unaware of any icmsf updates) -

icmsf2.pdf   802.91KB   53 downloads

You may attempt comparisons with the data in yr post.

I suggest you ask yr customer to provide a specific link/reference(s) to the source(s) of their data.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% What is the recommended distance between fly control units? Is FSSC 24000 recommended for food manufacture? How do you manage inks that have passed their recommended shelf-life? Recommended Quality Management System Software? What cooling process is recommended for a pre-cooked food (poultry gravy) sterilized in a metal can? Does anyone have recommended brands for metal detectable bandages/band-aids that have good adhesion? Yeast and mould recommended guidelines for pasteurized milk Recommended flooring for food (pickle) industry Customer Refusing Recommended Storage Temperatures