What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Halal Certification body - USA

Started by , Nov 05 2018 09:27 AM
2 Replies

Hi USA based quality people.

The Halal certification body (US Halal) used for our USA manufacturing site has mandated the requirement for annual “testing” for every product on our Halal certificate.

As yet I have been unable to clarify exactly why this testing (which is not required by any other Halal certifying body we use in Europe or Asia) is required & what it is – ie. pork or alcohol residues?. 

My company produce freeze dried fruit – no meat or alcohol products have ever been on site (within the factory) – which makes me question the logic of & need for this testing (risk analysis)?. 

So far I have received no satisfactory response for the certification body & therefore believe the best plan is to find another certification body that doesn’t need this testing.

Can USA based quality people advise who you use & your experience with your Halal certification body?...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC HALAL Audit Checklist for the Biscuit Industry Halal SOP corrective action plan Halal claims on label Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits
[Ad]

While I'm not in the USA, I did find this that may be of assistance

https://www.zabihah.com/aut

Hi,

Our Halal certification body is ISWA.

I hope it helps.

Maribel

Similar Discussion Topics
Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC HALAL Audit Checklist for the Biscuit Industry Halal SOP corrective action plan Halal claims on label Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits Manufacturing Halal and Non-Halal in the same premises What laboratory tests are conducted on food products to be certified Halal? Need advice on online MUI Halal certification process Seeking Information on Halal Material Matrix What qualifications are required to become a Halal Auditor?