What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 7.2.6.6 Tractor Drip Trays

Started by , Dec 04 2018 06:12 AM
3 Replies

Hi,

We've recently been audited under SQF ED 8 Primary Production and were issued a non-conformance under clause 7.2.6.6.

"Tractors, harvesters, field packing equipment and machinery driven over ground crops shall be fitted with

drip trays to prevent contamination of the crop by lubricants and oils."

Can anyone share photos of what the drip tray on a tractor looks like?

We've tried our local tractor dealers (including John Deere) and they haven't heard of it. According to them, there is no such part available in Australia for tractors.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can we use panibois wooden trays in a wood free factory? Moving to aluminum trays and need advice on metal detectors? Good srubber brushes we can use to scrub trays? Cleaning oven trays frequency Cleaning of Bakery Trays
[Ad]

Hi there scubascuba

This is a tricky one & unfortunately I have no idea what regs are used to control agriculture in AUS.

I work for a company that source fruit from around the world (USA/China/Europe) and all growers/suppliers need to be either GAP (Good agricultural practice) accredited or be working to GAP principles & are audited accordingly.

I have attached the DEFRA standard (may not be too useful in AUS) but a good reference document.

defra.pdf   847.38KB   14 downloads

I'd never heard of drip trays either but apparently they are a "thing"  

https://www.tfmsuper...ers-drip-trays/

Apparently- there is also a "tractor diaper" to deal with spills - sold by Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...=tractor diaper

Suspect a good google search might get you suppliers in AUS?...

1 Like1 Thank

You'll probably have to have something custom made by a machine shop that is removable for cleaning and repairs to the tractor. It would have to mount to the chassis and cover all of the possible places anything could drip from

Can i ask why SQF and not Global Gap?   Knowing farmers, this element would be a hard sell to most....................

1 Like

Thanks Lesley & Scampi for your suggestions and information.

The tractor diaper is a very interesting one.

I would have thought that the drip tray would be a standard part available by tractor manufacturers (especially JD).

Scampi, you're right about getting some of the requirements through to the farmers. The decision to go with SQF was made way back and the people who knew why are no longer with the business.

Similar Discussion Topics
Can we use panibois wooden trays in a wood free factory? Moving to aluminum trays and need advice on metal detectors? Good srubber brushes we can use to scrub trays? Cleaning oven trays frequency Cleaning of Bakery Trays Internal audit and got a minor for our wooden trays FDA Approved bags for Food Trays What Quality test are carried out on BACON, what is a drip loss test? HACCP for Secondary & Tertiary Food Plastic Trays/Pallets Searching for a blue cling film for covering gastronomic trays