What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Adding Vitamin D & A on milk processing and side-effects on human

Started by , Dec 04 2018 07:25 PM
11 Replies

Hi There,

I would like to ask you about side-effects on human body while adding Vitamin (D)& (A) for milk processing. (We have Vitamin Dosing System)

our team is adding this Vitamin and I feel and smell bad smell is coming from this Vitamin, so I like to know, is there any effect on our health,

if there any risk so kindly share with me

Thanks,

Mahmoud

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Do rack pins need adding to monthly housekeeping audits? Concerns of adding a plastic hang hook on a tea and sugar filter bag What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor?
[Ad]

We wouldn't be adding Vitamin D to our milk if it weren't safe (or at the very least if the pros didn't outweigh the cons)

Up here in the north we'd all go absolutely wacko in  the winter without it as we've only had 8 hours of sunlight in the last 3 weeks

Is this an ongoing odour, or is it perhaps this particular lot 

1 Thank

-We wouldn't be adding Vitamin D to our milk if it weren't safe (or at the very least if the pros didn't outweigh the cons)

Here is safe and with standard limites as per supplier and Vitamine dosing system.

-Up here in the north we'd all go absolutely wacko in  the winter without it as we've only had 8 hours of sunlight in the last 3 weeks

Up here in southwest of Asia we are using , it is very hot here

-Is this an ongoing odour, or is it perhaps this particular lot 

Yes this an ongoing odour and It can be increased if the boxes were not covered properly during handling.

But in general Im asking about the risk if ongoing smell

You should have a SDS sheet for it. Vitamin D is added to milk to aid in calcium absorption. 

A comprehensive source about vitamin D and other vitamins and minerals - https://lpi.oregonst...tamin-D#summary

1 Thank

HI, Mahmoud.

To what category do you serve? Is your category sole source of nutritition (in this case, vitamins)? If yes, over and under dose can be a hazard (nutritional) should you exceed the limit. You may want to check regulation.

Is your milk produced as liquid or powder? is the smell rancid or metallic? and what could be the carrier of your vitamins?

Have you also went to process are and are there any place which smell the same? The rancidity of oil may impact more IMEX.

1 Thank

You should have a SDS sheet for it. Vitamin D is added to milk to aid in calcium absorption. 

A comprehensive source about vitamin D and other vitamins and minerals - https://lpi.oregonst...tamin-D#summary

Thank you for your reply I already searched about SDS which related to Vitamin D3

and thank you for this link it is very good for more knowledge

HI, Mahmoud.

To what category do you serve? Is your category sole source of nutritition (in this case, vitamins)? If yes, over and under dose can be a hazard (nutritional) should you exceed the limit. You may want to check regulation.

Is your milk produced as liquid or powder? is the smell rancid or metallic? and what could be the carrier of your vitamins?

Have you also went to process are and are there any place which smell the same? The rancidity of oil may impact more IMEX.

Thank you for your reply and below is the answer

- To produce UHT milk product

- Liquid and the smell not rancid, it is purely vitamin smell
do you mean with carrier ( box )

- nothing smell any where, only coming from vitamin itself

I have never heard of any side effects produced by the milk, which contains Vitamin C and A, if the daily dose isn’t higher than 500ml. The smell shouldn’t be a reason to concern, because all vitamins and pills have an unpleasant smell. Simply speaking, all these vitamins are chemicals whose main purpose isn’t to smell good, but to raise your immune system. It is a normal practice in many countries all over the world to add Vitamins in the milk. For instance, in Sweden and Canada vitamin D is added in milk by the low. While in USA, manufacturers aren’t mandated by the low to add vitamins in milk processing.

I have never heard of any side effects produced by the milk, which contains Vitamin C and A, if the daily dose isn’t higher than 500ml. The smell shouldn’t be a reason to concern, because all vitamins and pills have an unpleasant smell. Simply speaking, all these vitamins are chemicals whose main purpose isn’t to smell good, but to raise your immune system. It is a normal practice in many countries all over the world to add Vitamins in the milk. For instance, in Sweden and Canada vitamin D is added in milk by the low. While in USA, manufacturers aren’t mandated by the low to add vitamins in milk processing.

^^^^^^red

Validation ?

I have never heard of any side effects on that.

I also haven't heard of any side effects

Carrier is the medium the vitamin D is carried in.  A vitamin added to beverages will almost always have a carrier like some type of food grade oil, such as soybean oil, or corn oil, etc.  Get a technical data sheet, or specification for the vitamin and you will see the ingredients listed in it.  The first ingredient is the carrier.  While you are at it, ask your supplier about the odor.  The specification may even state the normal type of odor for the vitamin.  Make sure you follow the handling and storage instructions from the specification sheet as many vitamins require cool storage and storing in hot condition can accelerate degradation.

Thank you for your reply and below is the answer

- To produce UHT milk product

- Liquid and the smell not rancid, it is purely vitamin smell
do you mean with carrier ( box )

- nothing smell any where, only coming from vitamin itself

Similar Discussion Topics
Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Do rack pins need adding to monthly housekeeping audits? Concerns of adding a plastic hang hook on a tea and sugar filter bag What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Adding Separate Warehouse for Finished Goods Adding New Warehouse to FDA Account Adding Ingredients Not Written in the Packaging HACCP Study - dry blending RTE manufacturer adding dry egg powder an sesame seeds to our ingredients Adding food fraud assurances to contracts