What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Multi-Quat Contact time

Started by , Jan 22 2019 01:06 PM
5 Replies

Greetings all,

I have a question in regards to multi quat 455 as a sanitizer.

Is there a contact time related to quat? also what is the organic load that renders the quat ineffective. Range is 200-400ppm....

Thanks for any input,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Looking for a GFSI certified supplier of multi-wall paper bags in the US Procedures and other supporting documents for multi sites Multi-site SQF Practitioner requirements
[Ad]

Contact time specifications should be listed on the technical data sheet provided to you from the chemical manufacturer/supplier. 

If you are using as a sanitizer, then you should be doing a full wash/rinse before use. Sanitizers should only be used on clean surfaces. Any visible organic load will reduce sanitizer effectiveness. 

What is your product/process/washdown procedure that would cause organic matter to be left behind?

I agree with Ms Mars

Unless you're using quat as a boot dip, but the chemical manufacturer is the best place to get this info as no two formulas are the same

the quat is being used as a sterilizer for knives in place of hot water in one specific area. we have used a Quaternary quat before in this type of situation. i just do not have any scientific evidence of reduction other than our in house stuff....... 

got it.........in poultry slaughter, quat was our back up Provided the knives were rinsed prior to going into the quat solution and would be in it for X seconds prior to removal and use

http://jfoodprotecti...2-028X-70.3.648

If your chemical supplier cannot give you the specifics.......switch suppliers----below is from my supplier of choice 

Sanquat is a powerful liquid sanitizer, disinfectant, virucide and fungicide. When evaluated by accepted laboratory procedures, Sanquat provides superior germicidal and fungicidal activity far beyond that achieved with some currently available quaternary ammonium compounds. Sanquat is accepted for use in federally inspected plants without a potable water rinse at concentrations up to 200 ppm.

1 Thank

Dear LSB,

if you a exporting to the EU: Quats and their residues are under fire because they have the potential to be transferred easily up to the finished products.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Looking for a GFSI certified supplier of multi-wall paper bags in the US Procedures and other supporting documents for multi sites Multi-site SQF Practitioner requirements USDA inspection legend requirements for Multi-Pack Beef Sticks In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Is an overflow warehouse a multi-site license? Multi Color Macadamia Nuts After Roasting Do I need a Separate Food Safety Plan for Multi Site?