What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Auditing Fishing Vessels

Started by , Jan 22 2019 03:54 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

has anyone on here had experience of auditing fishing vessels, and would you have a checklist I could have a look at please?

I am creating one for one of my clients but I'm not sure if I'm going overboard ( see what I did there!!), or not. I think we need to look at product safety, traceability, HACCP ( if relevant), GMP, sustainability and ethical management as a minimum. 

My clients are worried about asking too many questions lest they get thrown overboard to the seagulls.....

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date Internal auditing
[Ad]

Hi All,

I am creating one for one of my clients but I'm not sure if I'm going overboard ( see what I did there!!), or not. 

I love a good pun!!!!!!!!!!

Here is CFIA's requirements for fishing vessels.....may be of some assistance???

http://www.inspectio...5/1367248093625

1 Thank

Thanks Scampi,

I'm trying to walk a fine line between asking and getting relevant information and freaking out the fishermen who wouldn't be used to being audited.

Could you compose an email or letter on behalf of your client prior to arrival and give them an idea of what the purpose and scope will be?  They're likely to be much more welcoming.......

Good luck, aren't they a superstitious lot? I think no bananas on board for some reason LOL

Oh, and this thread makes your pic even funnier!

I have a history with Gulls.....

I am creating one for one of my clients but I'm not sure if I'm going overboard ( see what I did there!!), or not.

Very funny. :lol:

Thanks Scampi,

I'm trying to walk a fine line between asking and getting relevant information and freaking out the fishermen who wouldn't be used to being audited.

Be careful or you may end up walking the plank...Arrr, Jim Lad!  :cm:

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date Internal auditing Auditing an Edible Flower Farm Glass and Brittle Plastic Auditing CICS America for SQF auditing Case study for Internal Auditing training Internal Auditing Checklist - SQF 9.0