What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Integrating food fraud in to crisis management plan

Started by , Feb 06 2019 08:18 PM
5 Replies

Hello everyone: I need some advise in to what to do or how to go about the inclusion of food fraud in my crisis management plan, i have it set up for crisis like fire and flood but im kinda confused in to how to include it for food fraud.

Like, should i just say what would be the actions if we have a food fraud detected (after the fact) or should i just refer to what we do to prevent it? like inspection of COA, evaluation of vendors etc.

Im a little confused in to how to tackle this finding from my food fraud risk assessment, please i need some enlightenment in to this topic since i cant seem to find many information about it.

Thanks in advance 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits Integrating BRC requirements into an existing system without creating a separate BRC Manual Integrating ISO 22000 and ISO 9001:2015 Integrating Management Systems for food businesses
[Ad]

The basis for incorporating food fraud into your crisis management plan?

You could say that if food fraud is discovered, you will treat it like a non-conforming product. You know, put a hold on all material under your control, call the trucks back, and do a product withdrawal (not a recall).

The basis for incorporating food fraud into your crisis management plan?

2.1.5 Crisis management planning implementation guide: A crisis management plan prescribes actions that will be taken as a result of external, environmental, climatic, equipment failure or other potential business threats that will impact the ability of the supplier to provide their customers with safe products.

And then i did the PWC food fraud tool and it was mentioned that food fraud is to be added to the crisis management plan, am I misinterpreting maybe?

My read is, if Food Fraud is a potential business threat, then it should be in the Crisis Management Plan, according to the clause you posted.

Hi Brelimo,

Yr FS Standard (if any) is unknown but, based on threads in this Forum, Food Fraud normally stands on its own.

Maybe do a little searching.

Similar Discussion Topics
Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Integrating Organic and HALAL into internal audits Integrating BRC requirements into an existing system without creating a separate BRC Manual Integrating ISO 22000 and ISO 9001:2015 Integrating Management Systems for food businesses Integrating Management Systems for Food Businesses Integrating Management Systems for Food Businesses Integrating FSMS into business processes Create synergy by integrating Food Safety and Employee Safety Reviving, Updating and Integrating Old Quality System