What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preparing Sample Homogenate of Desiccated Coconut

Started by , Feb 10 2019 08:25 AM
3 Replies

Can anyone recommend a simple and effective method for preparing a sample homogenate of desiccated coconut for microbiological testing without using a stomacher (and preferably without using other expensive equipment)? 

Thanks a lot!

--Asa

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Preparing for on site Bacillus testing Template for preparing emergency preparedness assessment and drills procedure Need help preparing an environment monitoring program Consequences of a late GMP audit while preparing a BRC audit Sample documents for preparing a risk-based environmental monitoring program
[Ad]

Can anyone recommend a simple and effective method for preparing a sample homogenate of desiccated coconut for microbiological testing without using a stomacher (and preferably without using other expensive equipment)? 

Thanks a lot!

--Asa

You could use your mini-coffee grinder( I presumed you have one ) to make the sample into powder after wiping it thoroughly with Ethyl alcohol or Isopropyl alcohol and doing all these works in an aseptic environment. Make sure all the alcohol have evaporated before put the sample inside. The powder could be used for the preparation of the homogenate mother dilution.

Aseptic practices in each step must be maintained to avoid cross contamination..

1 Thank

Thanks a lot!

--Asa

Hi AsaF,

You can use a blender but I think you will still need a means for effective sterilising of container, utensils, media etc.

For waste materials see -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ifilm-disposal/

1 Thank

Hi

You can use grinder for this. But the perfection is the main part of any work. So I suggest you to get precise equipment.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Preparing for on site Bacillus testing Template for preparing emergency preparedness assessment and drills procedure Need help preparing an environment monitoring program Consequences of a late GMP audit while preparing a BRC audit Sample documents for preparing a risk-based environmental monitoring program We are preparing for FSSC 22000 certfication; yet I still don't know what documents are required? Who is usually responsible for preparing the TACCP plan? Preparing for an unannounced SQF Audit with multiple sites Start-up Checklist for Preparing a New Facility for SQF? Preparing for our upcoming SQF site audit