What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validation ideas for kettles

Started by , Feb 12 2019 07:18 PM
2 Replies

Hello 

Was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions regarding how to validate kettles? Its a full kitchen and we have a variety of product types - broth soup,cream soup, stew, entrees, etc. 

Over the last three years, we have applied the following strategies for validation: 

- All the kettles were validated for heat distribution in the worse case scenario (the denser products).

- We have shown that the kettles are able to hold the CCP temperature for the required amount of time in the worst case scenario. 

- We have done continuous monitoring of the cooking temperature as well. 

I can't really think of anything else at this moment. 

Thank you.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation
[Ad]

Hello 

Was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions regarding how to validate kettles? Its a full kitchen and we have a variety of product types - broth soup,cream soup, stew, entrees, etc. 

Over the last three years, we have applied the following strategies for validation: 

- All the kettles were validated for heat distribution in the worse case scenario (the denser products).

- We have shown that the kettles are able to hold the CCP temperature for the required amount of time in the worst case scenario. 

- We have done continuous monitoring of the cooking temperature as well. 

I can't really think of anything else at this moment. 

Thank you.  

Hi Bld,

I assume a kettle is a large container for cooking. At atmospheric pressure ?

Theoretically, the initially relevant validation temperature is that of the product, not the kettle, This typically enables a correlation to be made, eg 1:1.

Other comments might relate to yr quantitative  validation Procedure.

Steam kettles or just open pots???

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence