What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Language used for policies

Started by , Feb 13 2019 06:29 PM
They wrote guidelines or what is known as directives.

We on the other hand write entire documentation systems for companiea that get them certified for SQF and BRC.

Somebody made a boo boo or they were directed based on needs to do what they did.
1 Reply

Hello All,

I recently joined a company that is preparing to make their own commercially branded product using a few small co-manufacturers. I was informed that they were actively looking to pursue BRC for Brokers/Agents and had hired a few consultants to help jump start their food safety and quality management system. As such, these consultants wrote policies using verbiage such as "The company must have...." for every requirement. I don't feel this language is viable; shouldn't the language in the case of policies be more focused on how the company policy meets a requirement or what the policy is used for?

For example one of the policies for control of non-conforming product states:

"There must be a defined, documented and effective system in place and agreed to prevent inadvertent movement or use product or materials."

Shouldn't the policy use words that explain the system so someone reading it would understand how the company handles non-conforming product?

Sorry if this is a simple question and I'm overthinking it, but I just feel all these "Should have" statements are wrong in this context.

Thanks!

There must be a defined, documented and effective system in place and agreed to prevent inadvertent movement or use product or materials.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Language Labels for Export from US Make-Up Training with a Language Barrier In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Training with Language Barrier Ingredient & Nutritional declaration- Language
[Ad]
They wrote guidelines or what is known as directives.

We on the other hand write entire documentation systems for companiea that get them certified for SQF and BRC.

Somebody made a boo boo or they were directed based on needs to do what they did.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Language Labels for Export from US Make-Up Training with a Language Barrier In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Training with Language Barrier Ingredient & Nutritional declaration- Language Language of documentation Food Safety Training in Foreign Language Language Diversities, LIkes and Dislikes SQF 2.9.5 Language, Handling Multiple Language Issues Find BRC version 6 ( Vietnamese language )