What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Training requirements for SQF Practitioner substitutes

Started by , Feb 13 2019 06:47 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

We are an SQF certified facility and I was wondering if anyone has any information on training requirements of substitutes.

My substitute for SQF practitioner last had her HACCP training over 5 years ago.

I was wondering if the training requirements of substitutes were the same as the people usually responsible for the tasks. Especially since she has never needed to replace me for more than a week, it seems wasteful for a small company to have to spend double the training costs of courses for a just-in-case type situation.

However I do not want to risk a non conformity if this is something that is considered a requirement.

Has anyone encountered this situation, and do you have any information that could help?

Thank you,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese
[Ad]
Hi Sarah..

By substitute I assume you mean your cover person for SQFP in the event of absense, illness, etc.

The requirements for your "provision to cover" is the same as your requirements - full time at that location, responsible/management level, HACCP trained, etc.

So everything the code requires of you as the SQFP is required for your cover.

As to the 5 years - as long as he/she has proof (certificate) that should be fine to satisfy.
1 Like1 Thank

When I had my maternity, my assigned back-up has a HACCP training on her belt and work experience. As long as it is clear that the SQFP or back up SQFP (stated in job description or any other document) will assume all responsibility stated on 2.1.2.5 in your absence and that there is a program with compliance to 2.1.2.10, I dont see any additional training needed.

We had SQF Ed 8 audit in Nov and no issues with the auditor.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food? Annual Food Safety & Quality Training FSVP Training SQF Requirements - X-Ray Training