What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using Bottled Water for Production?

Started by , Mar 18 2019 07:33 PM
3 Replies

Hello IFSQN members,

I am working with a very small plant to produce a pork-based product. They're looking to use bottled water in their product because they aren't a fan of the taste of the tap water in their facility. I can't get any information from the owner of the building (different than the owner I'm working for) about the testing of their tap water.

Would I need a letter of guarantee (LoG) from the seller of the bottled water to use it in production? 

If we are to use the tap water for sanitation purposes, would we need to have it tested? What if we used a bleach solution at the end of the sanitation process? 

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor
[Ad]

Get a reverse osmosis system.

Get a reverse osmosis system.

Then won't we need to validate that process? What kind of frequency do you think would be required to validate a process like that?

I am working with a very small plant to produce a pork-based product. They're looking to use bottled water in their product because they aren't a fan of the taste of the tap water in their facility. I can't get any information from the owner of the building (different than the owner I'm working for) about the testing of their tap water.

Would I need a letter of guarantee (LoG) from the seller of the bottled water to use it in production? 

Hi Brian,

Water testing frequency can widely vary depending on the type of product you are processing and the type of hazards you can assess  in your product. If you are unable to achieve information from the owner of the building, try to locate the source of your tap water. Most probably if it is sourced from the city, a simple google can reveal a report for the last year from the water supply source (if you are unable to determine the water source, try to locate the last water bill paid by the building, and can help you to locate the water source).

Simply getting a LOG from the bottled water/manufacturer will not serve your purpose. Either you can approve the bottle supplier as your approved supplier and inquire them for testing results or you will need to test your water by a laboratory for potability.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule