What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Automatic hand and boot cleaners

Started by , Mar 26 2019 01:02 PM
7 Replies

Hello,

Has anyone had experience or is familiar with the automatic hand and boot cleaners / disinfection equipment?  Mettler Toledo sells some I am looking into the Compact Hygiene Station DLSO-SL + EK 400 WRT

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Semi-automated or fully automatic bottle filling machine Automatic Failure / Grading of HACCP Audit Schematic representation of Automatic Cleaning (CIP) of Reich smoking chamber
[Ad]

I have two Mettler Toledo boot washers for factory entrances, they do the job and I've had no issues with them. Can't comment on the automatic hand cleaner, looks like it uses an air hand dryer though? I'm sure there's probably conversation elsewhere in the forum as to towel v disposable v air etc so won't go into that.

1 Like1 Thank

We have two clients that have similar set-ups, the hand washing system was three stage - wash/dry/sanitize - and then you pull your hands out.  Since it uses a "compressed" air system to dry the hands both also have air samples taken every 6 months and had the manufacturer do a risk analysis to qualify the system as not being a risk - this has satisfied the SQF Auditors.

1 Like1 Thank

Just keep in mind that cleaning is not necessarily disinfecting and vica versa (spelling?).

Removing dirt and mud from shoes is cleaning but not disinfecting.  Bacteria may still be present.

Putting items under UV light is disinfecting but not cleaning.  Dirt may still be present.

We have automated hand washers in our factory, but our VP of Technical Services is somewhat skeptical about their ability to remove soil. We do validate them quarterly, but consider the sanitizing step after hand washing to be part of the whole process and thus swab hands before washing and after washing and sanitizing.

We have automated hand washers in our factory, but our VP of Technical Services is somewhat skeptical about their ability to remove soil. We do validate them quarterly, but consider the sanitizing step after hand washing to be part of the whole process and thus swab hands before washing and after washing and sanitizing.

Hi fishlady,

I interpret the above as meaning you check after washing and again, after sanitising ?

Sanitize how ? Is there much micro. difference in result ?

Hi fishlady,

I interpret the above as meaning you check after washing and again, after sanitising ?

Sanitize how ? Is there much micro. difference in result ?

Employees use alcohol spray before entering production area, then walk through boot washer, then use hand washers and immediately use alcohol spray again after drying washed hands with paper towels.. We tested hands just before placing into the washer and after using the alcohol spray. APC was as high as 76 cfu/swan before and 0-5 cfu/swab after. Not enough difference probably to give a good idea of the true effectiveness. But the doubt comes from the fact that the employees are not scrubbing their hands ( although they should be doing this in the break room or restroom before they enter the plant).

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Semi-automated or fully automatic bottle filling machine Automatic Failure / Grading of HACCP Audit Schematic representation of Automatic Cleaning (CIP) of Reich smoking chamber Automatic "hands in" hand dryers in food manufacturing Installing automatic air curtains How do we we clean automatic hand wash stations? Looking for a suitable automatic vacuum machine Tape Dispensing Equipment - Hand Held, Automatic