What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Good, proper procedure and form for product returns?

Started by , Apr 03 2019 12:57 PM
5 Replies

Hi all!

We have another storage warehouse where we store & transfer our finished product once its done in the manufacturing facility. We get a bunch of returns from this storage warehouse and some are just returned without a clear reason. Does someone have a return form I can use? Or any suggestions? The warehouse should specify in documentation why this was returned exactly, and we should fill out a return form too or something. Can anyone assist with a good, proper procedure for this? Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

Hi Food Scientist,

I'm a little unsure from your post whether there is a proper returns procedure for goods returned to your area. Do you currently have one that you're asking for advice on how to evolve or are you looking for advice on putting one in place?

Regards,

Andy

Hello Food Scientist,

You mentioned that warehouse is for storing your finished goods, to send that back to manufacturing facility should have a reason and that must have to be communicated!

You can create a simple hassle free document for this, get approval from Quality manager and can include in the QSP system documentation.

For example, a MS Word document with columns;

1. Material

2. Batch

3. Quantity

4. Production date

5. Reason for return

and of course other elements of a standard form.

Good day!

I'd also mention action following the return in terms of whether the product is suitable for dispatch again (maybe the warehouse had excess stock) or whether it needs re-working (maybe the batch code is incorrect, or evidence to suggest contamination has arisen).

We have a log that includes reason for return and condition of trailer upon return:

Product return guidelines for acceptance: Product shall be returned in its original, unmarked and unopened packaging as quickly as possible. Product must be returned under temperature controlled conditions. Visually inspect all products and verify production dates to determine if the product qualifies for rework/resale.

1 Like

Thank you all!

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? The role of research in supporting good safety practices in the food sector FSSC v5.1 - Parameters in Testing Finished Good Sampling for Finished Good Validation Test Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Good Distribution Practices in food sector?