What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Basic HACCP Plan vs. Seafood HACCP Plan

Started by , Apr 29 2019 07:17 PM
2 Replies

I've recently taken over a Quality Department position with my company (3PL), and have been tasked with showing auditors around. I have an audit coming up and have a question about what the difference is between a basic HACCP Plan and a Seafood HACCP Plan. My facility stores very little seafood. I'm just a little confused on what the difference is between the two and why they may not correlate with one another. 

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Looking for a basic VACCP sample for FSSC 22000 V5.1 Basic training for the production floor employees Any ideas on the costs for a basic entry level x-ray machine? Does anyone have a basic refresher training list? Does the GFSI Basic Level require Internal Auditing?
[Ad]

I've recently taken over a Quality Department position with my company (3PL), and have been tasked with showing auditors around. I have an audit coming up and have a question about what the difference is between a basic HACCP Plan and a Seafood HACCP Plan. My facility stores very little seafood. I'm just a little confused on what the difference is between the two and why they may not correlate with one another. 

MW1414,

IMO: No need to be confused as they both are the same in terms of Hazard analysis.

The difference is that prior FSMA food companies were not required (by regulation, nor are required now) to maintain a HACCP plan with the exception of Seafood, Juice and Low acid canned foods (LACF).

As by regulation a processor, manufacturer or holder of these foods (Seafood, Juice and Low acid canned foods (LACF) is required to have a documented HACCP plan 

Therefore, if you do have other products and you want to include it in your HACCP plan, it can be done (though the hazards will be different for all product types).

Post FSMA, your seafood will be exempted, however, now you will require a Preventive control plan for all your other products (unless exempted).

Hope it helps.

1 Thank

It depends what you interpret as a "Basic haccp Plan" . = As per FSMA requirements? As per USDA requirements ? etc etc

afaik, in USA a "seafood haccp plan" will be interpreted as per usfda requiremenmts in the FDA Fishery hazards Guide

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Looking for a basic VACCP sample for FSSC 22000 V5.1 Basic training for the production floor employees Any ideas on the costs for a basic entry level x-ray machine? Does anyone have a basic refresher training list? Does the GFSI Basic Level require Internal Auditing? Basic Internal Audit Training Zoning of basic hygiene manufacturer of self-adhesive labels In Australia, What is the most basic HACCP accreditation? Procedure to identify the basic needs and expectations of clients Seeking basic GMP practices for bakery