What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Issue 8, Clause 1.1.6

Started by , May 11 2019 01:42 AM
4 Replies

Hi. Can you help me with my understanding of the BRC Issue 8, Clause 1.1.6?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Traceability issue with product receiving? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 Ceiling issue fix
[Ad]

Dear Hanis,

You can read it from the BRCGS Food Issue 8 interpretation

Best regards,

KOKO 

1 Thank

Hi Hanis,

:welcome:

1.1.6 requires your company to have a system where your employees can raise a concern about product safety/quality/legality anonymously, and the staff must be made aware of this system. Often this is done by confidential reporting boxes put around the site that are only accessible a key holder, staff can write a note and put it in the post box (should be in a location out of CCTV view to keep confidential). Notes can then be retrieved, assessed and - if appropriate - actioned. You could alternatively provide an email address or phone number though personally I think confidentiality is more difficult to keep here. Make sure you have a process for assessing concerns, which could be: 1. Nominated member of senior management received concern/collects notes, 2.Assesses and actions as appropriate, 3. Documents any actions taken.

As the clause mentions, it's important staff are aware of the system, so you could have a policy and training, mention it in inductions, make it clear on the boxes etc. 

Hope that makes sense?

1 Thank

Hi Hanis,

:welcome:

1.1.6 requires your company to have a system where your employees can raise a concern about product safety/quality/legality anonymously, and the staff must be made aware of this system. Often this is done by confidential reporting boxes put around the site that are only accessible a key holder, staff can write a note and put it in the post box (should be in a location out of CCTV view to keep confidential). Notes can then be retrieved, assessed and - if appropriate - actioned. You could alternatively provide an email address or phone number though personally I think confidentiality is more difficult to keep here. Make sure you have a process for assessing concerns, which could be: 1. Nominated member of senior management received concern/collects notes, 2.Assesses and actions as appropriate, 3. Documents any actions taken.

As the clause mentions, it's important staff are aware of the system, so you could have a policy and training, mention it in inductions, make it clear on the boxes etc. 

Hope that makes sense?

Yes, thank you for the explanation. :) 

Hi

Upon the introduction of this new clause in issue 8, I done a lot of reasearch into websites, phone numbers, suggestion boxes etc to try and fulfil the clause.  In the end what I done was developed my own website to help all business in the industry.  The website ensures full confidentiality and anonymity to its users.  I already have companies registered who have achieved Grade A in their audit.  One company had my website recommended by an auditor in a pre-audit as the system they had in place (suggestion box) was not sufficient.

I have attached a PDF below that shows how it all works.

The website is www.foodsafereports.com 

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Traceability issue with product receiving? ISO 22000:2018 - Clause 4.3 Ceiling issue fix SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6