What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Multi Color Macadamia Nuts After Roasting

Started by , May 29 2019 02:57 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

So still fairly new to roasting nuts, I was brought a few macadamia nuts that have been roasted and show different colors of brown within the nut. It can be all white with a brown spot, or you can see layers of different browns. The smell is a little different and there are no discoloration when they are raw. Only a handful of the nuts are affected but my question is what causes it? I googled with no luck. If they were burnt or over roasted more would be this way. We also stir the nuts while roasting and it is a dry roast. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Looking for a GFSI certified supplier of multi-wall paper bags in the US Procedures and other supporting documents for multi sites Multi-site SQF Practitioner requirements
[Ad]

Well, saw this at a nut roaster and they determined their equipment was out of balance and thus they were gettng spot burns, they made adjustments and it stopped. They also stir (automatic stir.)

The owner said it had something to do with its natural oils. I need to keep looking. He was brave enough to taste them and said they tasted fine.

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for organization with multi-site certification in FSSC How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Looking for a GFSI certified supplier of multi-wall paper bags in the US Procedures and other supporting documents for multi sites Multi-site SQF Practitioner requirements USDA inspection legend requirements for Multi-Pack Beef Sticks In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Is an overflow warehouse a multi-site license? Multi-Quat Contact time Do I need a Separate Food Safety Plan for Multi Site?