What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the required frequency of HACCP Refresher Training?

Started by , Jun 03 2019 02:10 PM
4 Replies

As I read the code for SQF Food Safety V8, I notes in 2.1.2_ that the SQF practitioner must have HACCP training. I do. But is is about six years old now. During our desk audit, the auditor stated that it must be every 5 years. I just don't see that in the code so I must ask my favorite group of professionals.

Is that true? Is this a common statement?

Sincerely,

PD

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

Nope - not written anywhere. I've heard different time frames from different sources, but five years is a good rule of thumb.  Definitely not REQUIRED though. 

1 Thank
1 Thank

There is nothing in the SQF code that says every 5 years - another made up requirement by an Auditor - suggestion: look closely at everything on the desk audit, you may find others.

1 Like2 Thanks

Mr. Oster,

I have read your comments for some time now. I love the scrappy nature you approach the physiology surrounding the auditor/auditee relationship.  You are one of my favorites on this site!!!!!!

Thank you Both!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company