What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO9001:2015 meaning of exclusion

Started by , Jun 08 2019 09:34 PM
2 Replies
can someone explain to me the following requirement:

In the ISO9001: 2015 standard, the exclusion is not possible
also in BRC and IFS unless it is justified

In these cases we are talking about excluding a requirement of the standard or part of a trial or a whole process ie when I have 4 products manufactured (for example) can I delete a product scope of certification or not (or the exclusion in the standard means the exclusion of a standard requirement)
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Supplier Traceability BRCGS 3.7.5 using ISO9001 8.5.2 ISO9001 - Master List of Records Would someone have a template for a recall procedure to ISO9001 standard? Implementing ISO9001-2015 with BRC Packaging Standard Are Personal Performance Appraisals required by ISO9001:2015?
[Ad]

We have excluded section 8.3 of the ISO9001:2015 Standard from our QMS because we do not do design or product development- it is a function performed by another segment of our company. So, after our brief scope ("at this facility we make these products for this industry") we have "Exclusion: Design and development of products and services, clause 8.3, are excluded from this QMS, as they are functions of corporate support services." Any similar statement should suffice... as long as you cite it up front and document it in your QMS. I've been through several audits here and it has never been a problem. If I remember correctly, the ISO auditors will inquire during the audit planning stages so they know about the exclusions before they arrive. Its best not to surprise them.

1 Thank

We have excluded section 8.3 of the ISO9001:2015 Standard from our QMS because we do not do design or product development- it is a function performed by another segment of our company. So, after our brief scope ("at this facility we make these products for this industry") we have "Exclusion: Design and development of products and services, clause 8.3, are excluded from this QMS, as they are functions of corporate support services." Any similar statement should suffice... as long as you cite it up front and document it in your QMS. I've been through several audits here and it has never been a problem. If I remember correctly, the ISO auditors will inquire during the audit planning stages so they know about the exclusions before they arrive. Its best not to surprise them.

Good  informations

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Supplier Traceability BRCGS 3.7.5 using ISO9001 8.5.2 ISO9001 - Master List of Records Would someone have a template for a recall procedure to ISO9001 standard? Implementing ISO9001-2015 with BRC Packaging Standard Are Personal Performance Appraisals required by ISO9001:2015? ISO9001:2015 comparison with ISO22000 Has anybody dropped ISO9001:2008 and just used BRC issue 5? Documentation for ISO9001:2008 at two sites If we want to be certified FSSC22000 must we be certified ISO9001? BRC, ISO9001, ISO22000 and ISO14001