What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preventative Maintenance overhaul and asset criticality

Started by , Jun 11 2019 11:34 AM
2 Replies

We're currently going through a heavy revision of our PM schedule and going over asset criticality. Does anyone have any good resources, links, or recommendations before we begin to implement our new program?

Would love to learn anything asset criticality related to make our PM scheduling as cost effective, efficient, and thorough as possible.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule
[Ad]

I wish there was an easy answer to this one... but there really is not. A PM program is a function of the facility, equipment, and industry, as well as the people and the place. Might be easier to draft a set of separate stand-alone procedures which you could assemble into a book and stick a cover letter on...

I would also politely suggest that, for those who have multiple languages in their repertoire, "Preventive" is the (most) correct spelling in spite of the fact that "preventative" has become a popular word. It is important in policy and procedure writing to be consistent throughout, and to communicate correctly so as to not provide the reader with reasons not to comply ( the "they don't know what they're talking about- they can't even spell it correctly" response). Preventative and correctative, or preventive and corrective. Just be consistent.

We're currently going through a heavy revision of our PM schedule and going over asset criticality. Does anyone have any good resources, links, or recommendations before we begin to implement our new program?

Would love to learn anything asset criticality related to make our PM scheduling as cost effective, efficient, and thorough as possible.

It might help if you can add a little context, eg -

Product

Process.

FS Standard (if any)

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule Preventative Maintenance Program Preventative Controls vs Controls Supplier Preventative Controls Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations Corrective and Preventative Action Policy help