What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the difference between HACCP, HARPC, PRP and OPRP?

Started by , Jun 17 2019 01:30 PM
2 Replies
Please What is the difference HACCP, HARPC, PRP and OPRP
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

HARPC was invented in the US as a replacement for HACCP upon the passage of the Food Safety Modernization Act.  The term has been deprecated.  I use "FSMA-compliant food safety system" in my documents now. 

The Wikipedia article on HARPC will get you started on the differences: 

https://en.wikipedia...ntive_controls 

but basically there is a stronger emphasis on Preventive Control(s). 

PRP means Prerequisite Program(s). An example of a PRP is your Integrated Pest Management system. 

This OPRP term is new to me, but the internet says the OPRP stands for Operational Prerequisite Program(s) and that they control a named hazard that would directly affect food safety.  An example might be maintaining cooking temperature above a specified number, in the production process.

1 Thank

Please What is the difference HACCP, HARPC, PRP and OPRP

i suggest you have a look at these Standards - iso22000, iso22004 for the items other than harpc..

There are also literally hundreds of threads explaining/comparing the above within this forum. Try searching for harpc, oprp respectively.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?