What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Reduced Oxygen Packaging as a step to my HACCP plan

Started by , Jul 01 2019 06:23 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Working on adding MAP as a step to my HACCP plan. We are a producer of RTE sandwiches, refrigerated, not shelf stable. I keep seeing different things that should be included in the Hazard Analysis / HACCP Plan, but not really sure where to start. I work for a small company, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Reduced oxygen or not? Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Risk based assessment to reduced finished product testing oPRP reduced to a control step Operating and maintaining compliance in an SQF Certified facility during COVID-19 with a significantly reduced Sanitation and Quality Assurance staff.
[Ad]

Do you have a process flow diragram? (I am assuming you already do), did you decide where MAP process will be added? Have you identified the hazards associated with this process? 

I do have a process flow diagram, I am going to have MAP as an option in the packaging step. We are a very small plant, so putting it as an option in a HACCP plan is the easiest and most logical thing for us to do at this point. 

I know that for RTE foods my two biggest concerns are going to be C. bot and Lm growing in a reduced oxygen atmosphere. The problem I'm having is I'm unable to find scientific research, a paper, data, etc. that says if the food is produced in this temperature, with this mix of gasses it is not reasonably likely for C.bot or Lm to have outgrowth. I posted on here in hopes someone could point me in the right direction to use for my Verification. Any suggestions?

Similar Discussion Topics
Reduced oxygen or not? Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Risk based assessment to reduced finished product testing oPRP reduced to a control step Operating and maintaining compliance in an SQF Certified facility during COVID-19 with a significantly reduced Sanitation and Quality Assurance staff. Reduced oxygen packaging question Query Regarding Reduced Oxygen Packaging