What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiology Concerns with Liquid Sucrose

Started by , Jul 16 2019 05:25 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,  my company is currently investigating using liquid sucrose in our process.  Why would liquid sugar be a higher micro risk than corn sweeteners?  I'm not proficient in microbiology at all, and am looking to understand this and how to mitigate any risk. Thanks!

Krissy 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup
[Ad]

Any sugary liquid (that is sucrose) is not really a risk when it comes to microbes.... (low water activity). The thing is compare water activities between them to stay safe for any survival. 

Check out this study:

https://jfoodprotect...2-028X-61.3.295

1 Thank

Thanks!  Does that also apply to storage tanks?  I know we are discussing having a UV filter and sanitation, at this point it is all exploratory.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup Microbiology Standard for Meat Processing Plant Microbiology Sampling Plan Microbiology of Frozen Whitebait Microbiology criteria for margarine, butter and milk Need some help with food microbiology calculation