What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does BRC 8 allow hanging lanyard from neck?

Started by , Jul 24 2019 11:00 AM
4 Replies

Does BRC 8 allow hanging lanyard from neck

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Can a worker wear a silver religious cross around his neck in production? Thumbtacks OK for hanging Posters ? Hanging tools on hooks NOT Food Contact Surface SQF? Hanging Clocks in the production floor
[Ad]

I'm not very familiar with BRC, but like any other scheme you need to have a plan in place for when (not if) an employee notices at end of day it's gone.  Everywhere I've worked it's been unacceptable, between foreign material risk and a health and safety one too

Employees have been allowed to keep pass card in pants pockets........... you can also get fingerprint friendly time clocks

Does BRC 8 allow hanging lanyard from neck

Nothing is explicitly mentioned in the standard/guidance, but given the usual prohibition of jewellery (7.2.1), non-use of pockets above the waist (7.4.2) etc., I really can't imagine it being at all popular with an auditor.  

Why do you specifically want lanyards?

Scampi's point about H&S considerations is also very valid - even if BRC explicitly said it was fine there I can guarantee that our Health & Safety Manager would strangle me with my own lanyard if I proposed people wore something dangling from their neck in a manufacturing environment  :ejut:

Hmm not sure if this would come under clause 7.4.2 requirement for PPE to be a "suitable design to prevent contamination". In any case, it sounds a H&S no-no as highlighted above.

Could lanyards be hung but beneath clothing so it is not exposed? What are they for and when would they need to be accessed by the wearers?

Putting employee safety aside for a minute, are they on a cleaning schedule?

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Can a worker wear a silver religious cross around his neck in production? Thumbtacks OK for hanging Posters ? Hanging tools on hooks NOT Food Contact Surface SQF? Hanging Clocks in the production floor Methods for Hanging Signs Risk of hanging Super-Sacs above a ground hopper to feed machine? Risks Associated with Bottle Neck Label Printing How to get rid of cats hanging around the factory? Snickers Bars, Pay Day, and Low Hanging Fruit