What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000:2018 audit before the ISO 22000:2005 certification due date?

Started by , Aug 22 2019 06:59 AM
4 Replies

Hello everyone,

We are ISO 22000:2005 certified and our next recertification will be on the year 2021. Our next surveillance audit is next year 2020.

Are we required to upgrade to ISO 22000:2018 before or after the 2020 surveillance audit?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Shadow Witness Audit Request The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

I believe the new version is being audited against from

January 2020. This means your surveillance will most 

likely be against the new standard. I would suggest

you upgrade in advance of your re-certification; if improvements

are needed it would be best for you to know of these 

before your re-certification.

1 Thank

Thank you Abbigail. That's what I thought either.

Also see this thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...t-iso220002005/

Might also be worth asking yr intended auditor for confirmation.

Hello,

We are in the same situation as you. I asked for information and the answer was that is better to wait till the recertification in 2021 because if you do it next year (2020) you will not have a surveillance audit but a recertification audit, and you have more than a year to implement all the new clauses

We will ask our auditor what he thinks about it.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Shadow Witness Audit Request The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted