What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Use of BRC logo

Started by , Sep 02 2019 02:10 PM
3 Replies

Hi we are a polythene extrusion company who manufacture food contact bags and sheeting.

we also melt the scrap polythene and turn it into non food contact black waste sacks.

This process is isolated from any food contact product in another part of our factory.

our BRC scope specificaly excludes the manufacture of the regran material which means we cant use the BRC logo on paperwork or the website

Given that our management are desperate to use the logo is there anyway to enable us to do so?

I have thought of naming the regran process as a subsidiary company, so that the main company could be a food and non-food polythene producer certified to BRC(IOP) with a stand alone uncertified subsidiary manufacturing re-granulated polythene for black sack manufacture.   

unfortunately there is no way of introducing sufficient traceability into the re-granulating of the polythene as it includes unlabelled scrap from other producers, as well as our own scrap polythene.

thanks

Mark  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Certification Body Logo Use on Packaging? Auditor declared as minor non-conformance the absence of Certification Body's logo in packaging ISO 22000:2018 logo on product labels Uniform Logo printing methods The logo provided by BRC and the logo on the certificate are different...why?
[Ad]

Mark, you need to check with your Certification Body.

Regards,

Simon

1 Thank

Simon nailed it.  Personally I'd question why you'd use it though.  Sadly nobody is impressed.  :thumbdown:   All that work and it's just an expectation.  In fact there is part of me that wonders about companies who use the BRC logo like mad.  It's just such a given nowadays that it feels like they really didn't expect to pass so now they're over the moon!

Hi all.

I'll take the advice and talk to our CB and BRCGS in due course on a similar query to PolystarMark's,

However, has anyone any updates to offer regarding the use of the logo for company websites?

While it's perfectly reasonable that BRCGS needs to avoid the appearance of endorsing excluded and/or traded goods, to blanket-exclude the use of the logo use on a website on the basis that a site may store and sell such commodities seems a little harse considering that many companies may deal with traded items.

Perhaps due qualification regarding the certificated scope or its exclusions on a website may prove acceptable to BRCGS?

Thank you. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Certification Body Logo Use on Packaging? Auditor declared as minor non-conformance the absence of Certification Body's logo in packaging ISO 22000:2018 logo on product labels Uniform Logo printing methods The logo provided by BRC and the logo on the certificate are different...why? Use of Logo on Secondary Packaging Can FSSC22000 certified organization use the FSSC logo on products? Organic statement, but no logo Do you use the SQF Logo on any of your company documents?