What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to include customer heating of the product in the HACCP plan?

Started by , Sep 27 2019 05:09 PM
2 Replies

Hello all,

The potential of bacterial contamination, we ask that for our customers fry the pies as we ship them to an internal temperature of XF. So I am little bit confused, how can we mention this in our HACCP Plan? Do we need to classify this under preventive control, or just requires heat treatment before use?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Repackaging of Food Grade product HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry
[Ad]

Hello all,

The potential of bacterial contamination, we ask that for our customers fry the pies as we ship them to an internal temperature of XF. So I am little bit confused, how can we mention this in our HACCP Plan? Do we need to classify this under preventive control, or just requires heat treatment before use?

Hi Chemeng,

I presume yr query is directed to FSMA,'s  Haccp ?

For a conventional haccp plan  the process scope typically ends at production facility  "shipment". The consumer's involvement is then "defined" in the Product Description, eg includes a statement that the Product is "raw/to be fully cooked by consumer".

Consumer cooking info. eg with respect to validated cooking temperatures,  is a labelling issue which, I believe (and has been previously discussed here) is  Regulatory dependent on  USDA/USFDA requirements..

But FSMA requirements may be a different "ball game"??

Hello all,

Under FSMA, for bacterial contamination - you would say customer controlled. Make sure you have proof that your directions will kill potential bacteria that may be of risk either through a scientific study or in-house study. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Repackaging of Food Grade product HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan