What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it ok to have new clients when we are getting certified?

Started by , Oct 01 2019 06:41 PM
2 Replies

We have sen tour document for our desk audit and now we have a month to fix all Non Comformance, but my question is if we add new clients during this time, would someone know whats the down fall. For example in our scope we only have down meat, bread, fish, vegetables, hamburgers, and strawberrys, and this new client is bringing in ice cream. Basically my question is ( Is it okay for my facility to have new clients while we are in the middle of our audit) we are doing Module 2 and 12 for storage and distribution. We do not open boxes in no way, all we do is store clients products in our freezer.

I greatly appreciate it.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker
[Ad]

Hi Gomez89,

I think if your certification agency is happy to issue letter of verification / guarantee that you will get certificate than it should be all right..

Kind regards

Inam

The idea is to always have new customers coming in - regardless of being in process for SQF cert or not.

Not sure why your scope was set up that way as it locks you into a very narrow focus.

See if  you can change it to:

Various Meat and Fish Proteins

Various Vegetables & Fruit

Various Breads 

Various Ice Cream & Desserts

etc.

You will have to amend any associated documents in your SQF system - but doing this willl remove the blinders and open you up to world of storage possibilites.

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Does SQF allow only a part of production to be certified? GMP+ clients