What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone have experience of working with gohaccp?

Started by , Oct 15 2019 12:05 AM
6 Replies

HI, I smoke meat in San dDego

I need to write haccp plan for it - and found these guys - gohaccp.com online - they claim they write haccp plan only for $99.

Is anybody has expirince working with them?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Protective clothing while working in freezers Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Working on Bacillus testing Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA?
[Ad]

HI, I smoke meat in San dDego

I need to write haccp plan for it - and found these guys - gohaccp.com online - they claim they write haccp plan only for $99.

Is anybody has expirince working with them?

Hi sgl.,

No familiarity yr link however there are probably some (free) haccp plans for meat smoking on the internet.

Any usefulness may relate to things like yr own technical background, whether yr process is "standard", and who is going to audit the result ?

eg -

haccp plan for smokehouse.pdf   2.45MB   49 downloads

(Note this is a relatively basic example so may not fulfil more detailed requirements)

1 Thank

As well as having a written HACCP plan "the words" need to be practically implemented.  If you have the expertise to do this and the $99 assists you in documenting the plan as a base and you can add and edit it then it may be useful. If they give you a HACCP plan and you don't know what it means just so that you can have it on the shelf then it is more than pointless.  I don't have any experience with it.  The important point is you need the knowledge so that you can evaluate the worth of any HACCP plan, whether that be off the internet for free, for $99 or for $999.

1 Thank

I agree with Simon's point. HACCP not only needs writing but implementing, maintaining, updating, reviewing etc etc. I would but the money towards appropriate training.

Just to comment that i recall interpreting some Regulatory Process documents issued by US States as seemingly implying a basic requirement was essentially to submit a plausible haccp plan to the local Authorities.

Whether there is typicallly an automatic audit soon thereafter was, from memory, unclear. Workload issue ?

Not that I am recommending such a "by-pass" activity of course.

Great if you can get one written for you for the price of $99.00

Question is what is the real value?

As in, you can get the 99 special and then what - will you understand it, can you implement it?

I have found for years now, that the best HACCP plan is one where the facility personnel write it themselves or outsource for a hollistic writer that will come to the facility and not only write the plan but also teach the plan, provide certified HACCP training and assist on implementation - there is a price to pay for everything and a $99.00 plan may be basic but could be a good spring board.

There is another company called www.HACCPBuilder.com that you may want to look into as well, they don't write it for you but walk you thru the steps to input data and thus build an on-line HACCP plan.

1 Thank

Why not save yourself $2 and attend the next IFSQN Practical HACCP Training Course.  I’m sure it will serve you well.

https://www.ifsqn.co...od-safety-teams

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Protective clothing while working in freezers Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Working on Bacillus testing Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Does anyone have experience with Ishida dry fillers? Food Safety Team Leader Experience Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese?