What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have a dry sanitation cleaning instructions for machinery?

Started by , Oct 26 2019 03:22 PM

It would help to know your particulars...what kind of facility, what standard you are trying to achieve, proximity to open/exposed product, etc.

Initial thoughts - there are a few ways to "dry clean" equipment:

1.  Designated brush and vacuum.  This is generally sufficient, though it will depend upon your particular situation.  If sanitizing is needed, you can then use a waterless sanitizer, like Purell Foodservice Surface Sanitizer.

2.  Dry ice blasting.  If you have stubborn buildup, or the brush and vacuum approach isn't working, dry ice blasting may work.

Just a few ideas...I'm sure there are other options out there, too.

7 Replies

Does anyone have a dry sanitation cleaning instructions for a tape/boxing machine that cannot have water or detergent cleaning?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

Hi, might this link will help you...

https://www.qualitya...ing-sanitation/

1 Like

Thanks for the article. IS there a specific step by step cleaning instruction known for tape machines and boxing machines. This equipment is very sensitive to moisture and if cleaned with water would incur damage. Does anyone know of specific cleaning for this type of equipment that is not to have any water associated with sanitation?

In this case I would ask the manufacturer how to clean their equipment.

It would help to know your particulars...what kind of facility, what standard you are trying to achieve, proximity to open/exposed product, etc.

Initial thoughts - there are a few ways to "dry clean" equipment:

1.  Designated brush and vacuum.  This is generally sufficient, though it will depend upon your particular situation.  If sanitizing is needed, you can then use a waterless sanitizer, like Purell Foodservice Surface Sanitizer.

2.  Dry ice blasting.  If you have stubborn buildup, or the brush and vacuum approach isn't working, dry ice blasting may work.

Just a few ideas...I'm sure there are other options out there, too.

Thank you Parkz58. I have created a SSOP to use compressed air and blow off surfaces and to use a lint free cloth to wipe down after. These surfaces do not need sanitizer unless soiled with product and not the typical packaging debris.

cy2299, I would advise against using compressed air to blow off surfaces.  Compressed air just blows everything into the atmosphere, sometimes much further than you can even see, and the risk of contaminating other equipment or processes is just too great in most cases.

I would highly suggest using a vacuum instead, then wipe down with a clean, lint-free cloth if needed.

The area is contained and proper PPE is used for compressed air use. A Vacuum cannot remove enough of the debris and any mechanical movement is to great a risk for equipment damage.

Similar Discussion Topics
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?