What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Verification of X-ray bone detection

Started by , Oct 31 2019 06:58 PM
3 Replies

I'm not currently using x-ray as a CCP or preventive control for bone specifically, but I do have an x-ray in place already, and I believe I can make production more efficient by eliminating bone at this point in my process. Unfortunately, none of the major suppliers I'm aware of are able to provide a meaningful response to my inquiries, and I can't seem to find anyone that sells a traceable standard for bone.

I have a few questions:

1. How relevant is the species from which the bone originated, assuming it will be significantly more dense than the heterogeneous product it's being compared to by the x-ray (e.g. soups and stews)
  2. Is there a material that industry and regulators have agreed is an acceptable analogue to bone for the purposes of in-process verification?
  3. Does anyone have a recommendation for where the best place would be to continue my search for a test standard that is both traceable and could be used for validation and in-process verification that bone detection is working?

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence
[Ad]

Bone in what ?

The technique has been used in the fish industry for many decades.

The concept of a "hazardous" bone exists.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the bone could be present in soups and stews as described in my original post. I'm specifically concerned with detecting bones originating from chicken and/or beef.

I understand that bones can be hazardous; I intended to convey that I can make my process more efficient by moving the CCP to the x-ray that's currently in-place as opposed to the current detection and elimination step that's classified as the CCP. My predicament is that I can't have a CCP if I can't challenge it.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the bone could be present in soups and stews as described in my original post. I'm specifically concerned with detecting bones originating from chicken and/or beef.

I understand that bones can be hazardous; I intended to convey that I can make my process more efficient by moving the CCP to the x-ray that's currently in-place as opposed to the current detection and elimination step that's classified as the CCP. My predicament is that I can't have a CCP if I can't challenge it.

It doesn't exactly solve yr problem but you may find this thread of some interest -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ction-of-bones/

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence PRP Verification Activities X-ray monitoring and verification Metal Detector Frequency and Verification Validation and Verification of a CIP system