What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.2.4 Stairs, catwalks and platforms

Started by , Nov 01 2019 07:53 PM
5 Replies

Hi,

We are building a platform to install equipment on top and feed our ingredients by gravity . I've never worked on food industries with platforms, everything has been on floor level so that is new to me. My concern is that since we must have kick boards installed on the platforms and stairs, what is the best system to drain water out during production and cleaning? we have equipment with open product in close proximity to the platform so I have to make sure that we do the proper installation.

Any input is always appreciated!

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Wood platforms in food areas Can you use galvanised steel for gantries and platforms? Program Platforms for Supplier Approval Document Control Do ISO 9001 auditors accept results obtained from online questionnaire platforms like google forms? SaaS cloud based Supplier Management platforms
[Ad]

During sanitation phase you would have open product in the area?

We do not have any open product or packaging materials on the area during sanitation activities. We installed the platform and we are not allowing to have any open equipment or product underneath the platform. My concern is that when we clean the floor of the platform, the water gets accumulated on one corner and we have to use squeeges to take it out to the stairs. Is there any construction/engineering tip that could fix that issue? 

https://www.newpig.c...ZsaAr7dEALw_wcB

You may be able to custom build something with this very expensive stuff!?

1 Like

Slope the platform towards the stairs so that it drains towards them on it's own, or drill holes wherever there's a pooling issue.

We have a drainage issue in our production room and use waterbug's to pump the water from where it is pooling to where it needs to go (the drain). Not sure how big your platform is but maybe this would help? You can get them anywhere but here is one on amazon. 

https://www.amazon.c...134889254&psc=1

Similar Discussion Topics
Wood platforms in food areas Can you use galvanised steel for gantries and platforms? Program Platforms for Supplier Approval Document Control Do ISO 9001 auditors accept results obtained from online questionnaire platforms like google forms? SaaS cloud based Supplier Management platforms