What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Approve Production Records Before Shipment

Started by , Nov 20 2019 06:19 PM
5 Replies

Should Quality Control sign and approve production records before the product is shipped in a ready to eat SQF plant?

Past experience in a USDA plant is yes, but this is not a USDA plant.

If the answer is yes, do you have a regulation that states this by the FDA? I am searching for support.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate? How to Approve Emergency Suppliers? What is required to approve a supplier of food contact packaging? Example of written program or SOP to approve for service providing companies Can the person creating/updating the plan also approve the plan?
[Ad]

I'm not aware of a regulation that requires this.  Typically, this is a decision made dependent upon the risk of the product and the specific records.  In a lot of facilities there is verification of the CCP records prior to shipping product., not so much of other production records.  But again, it depends on the process, the risk level of the product, and any specific requirements from regulatory or certification bodies.

A release form part of "Product release" , yes. General production records? I don't think so. 

I should have worded that differently, that is my bad. 

I am mostly wondering about the CCP's. They should be verified before release? 

Well isnt that part of your HACCP plan? They should be verified. of course. Imagine you ship a product and find out it had a deviation,,, lets say you recalled it, the first thing you are gonna be going back to is your HACCP monitoring and verification. What is the whole point of HACCP anyway? Making sure your food is released to the public SAFE by signing off that your critical limits have been met and your CCPs are controlled.

I understand that believe me. Thank you.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate? How to Approve Emergency Suppliers? What is required to approve a supplier of food contact packaging? Example of written program or SOP to approve for service providing companies Can the person creating/updating the plan also approve the plan? How to approve farmers who are not GFSI certified? How to approve suppliers How to approve suppliers How to approve suppliers that don't have GFSI Certification? Can I approve this raw material based on the specification (attached)?