What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potentially Hazardous Food- Chocolate Frosting

Started by , Dec 09 2019 10:09 PM
2 Replies

Hello!

I am working with a company that produces chocolate fillings that fall into the PHF category because of the pH is 5.6 and the aW is 0.95.  From the FDA guidelines, it suggests a challenge study OR public scientific studies.

I found the reference: https://www.fda.gov/...rdous-Foods.pdf and on page 72, it has chocolate pie and donut filling.

This item in the reference link above passed the challenge studies (product 19).  The only items that are a bit different are that we don’t have egg in our product and the potassium sorbate is at .19% instead of .49%.

We heat to the same processing parameters as #19 as well.  Would this be sufficient enough to say that this product, due to its low risk profile and clean production environment, is exempt from PHF/TCS?  

Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Non conforming products and potentially unsafe products Looking to Potentially Remove a CCP from Plan Employee's family member potentially has COVID-19 Handling of Potentially unsafe products Clause 7.10.3.2 Procedure for handling of potentially unsafe products
[Ad]

It is exempt.

1 Thank

My thoughts exactly, thank you for conferring! Happy holidays!

Similar Discussion Topics
Non conforming products and potentially unsafe products Looking to Potentially Remove a CCP from Plan Employee's family member potentially has COVID-19 Handling of Potentially unsafe products Clause 7.10.3.2 Procedure for handling of potentially unsafe products 11.2.10.2 Disposition of Potentially Affected Product Bakery - Testing if food is potentially hazardous / high risk Difference b/w Potentially Unsafe Product and Non-conforming Product How to justify potentially sensitive areas of your premises? Control of Potentially Unsafe as part of Control of Nonconforming Prod