What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to do with NO's or N/A on a Food Defense Assessment?

Started by , Dec 20 2019 03:07 PM

You might need to provide a bit more information about the checklist.

In general if the subject of a question is non-applicable then it's non-applicable, but the "no" ones are a bit more context-dependent. For example, no would be a slightly disconcerting answer to "is there anything to prevent random people walking in off the street and adulterating our products?", but would be the "right" answer for "In the past 12 months, have there been any instances of people gaining unauthorised access to facilities and/or products?".

Some of these may therefore indicate areas that you possibly need to look at improving / changing, but again that depends entirely on the nature and context of the question ;)

5 Replies

Hi Everyone, 

I had another question. Sorry for the inconvenience,

I'm going to do a food defense assessment, and basically after the questions are answered, what are we suppose to do with the NO's or N/A that were answered on some questions. I think it will all be a yes. but you never know.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Are you running an assessment or a breach exercise that will generate a checklist?

I am unsure what assessment you are following? FDA Food Defense Plan Builder is a decent program to help you identify gaps in your food defense plan. Like you mentioned, questions where you may check off "No" may indicate that you do not have a procedure in place to cover that item/gap in your system and an area where you can improve. If questions are N/A, as long as you can prove they do not apply to your process then that is all you can do.

We focus on the following areas:

Outside security

Shipping and Receiving;

Mail Handling Security;

Processing Area;

Ingredients;

Chemicals

Information Control;

Employees;

Non-Employees/Visitors;

Emergency Contract.

I hope this helps?

Jenna

1 Like1 Thank

Its a food defense self assessment , (checklist of questions ) 

You might need to provide a bit more information about the checklist.

In general if the subject of a question is non-applicable then it's non-applicable, but the "no" ones are a bit more context-dependent. For example, no would be a slightly disconcerting answer to "is there anything to prevent random people walking in off the street and adulterating our products?", but would be the "right" answer for "In the past 12 months, have there been any instances of people gaining unauthorised access to facilities and/or products?".

Some of these may therefore indicate areas that you possibly need to look at improving / changing, but again that depends entirely on the nature and context of the question ;)

1 Like1 Thank

Add the No's to a gap analysis or internal audit corrections or something, and when denied the money for security and better cameras etc its at least documented you tried, and you have another though less effective means to monitor etc..

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Example of a risk assessment template Food safety culture plan