What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help with Corrective Action for an Nonconformity on mock recall

Started by , Dec 27 2019 04:41 PM

Good Morning to all, 

I have a question. We just had a SGS Audit at ou facility and i wanted to know if: 

I have a minor: I have already updated the form with the time start and time end, and added percentage accounted for, can I use the same product I used on the previous mock recall, keep in mind we have never had a recall at our facility, the sheet we filled out is a sample. Or do you suggest we use another example of a mock recall?

When traceability and mock recall expectations are not met, is a root cause analysis/investigation conducted and corrective actions implemented? Comments     •   Mock recall exercise did not include the time it took to complete the exercise or % accounted for.  

Oh, how I do not like SGS - but that is another story unto itself.

No, you can not use the same product/form, etc - do it over and use a different product.

It doesn't matter if you never had a recall.

by the way, I am surprized it was only a minor - consider yourself lucky.

4 Replies

Good Morning to all, 

I have a question. We just had a SGS Audit at ou facility and i wanted to know if: 

I have a minor: I have already updated the form with the time start and time end, and added percentage accounted for, can I use the same product I used on the previous mock recall, keep in mind we have never had a recall at our facility, the sheet we filled out is a sample. Or do you suggest we use another example of a mock recall?

When traceability and mock recall expectations are not met, is a root cause analysis/investigation conducted and corrective actions implemented? Comments     •   Mock recall exercise did not include the time it took to complete the exercise or % accounted for.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Mock Recalls Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Quaker Recall Open Corrective Actions since 2023 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?
[Ad]

If you need to perform a timed recall and include confirmation of the percentage of stock reconciled then I'd expect that you may need to undertake a new exercise - if you didn't record these details last time, how will you prove that the figures you are giving are correct?

The stock reconciliation may be simple, but I can't see how you'd be able to retrospectively record the duration of something that wasn't recorded at the time?

It's not clear which certification scheme you're working with (SGS audit a wide range of different standards) and that may have a bearing, but if you are required to perform a timed exercise then in effect you haven't yet done so, so doing a new one seems like a sensible approach to me.

1 Like1 Thank

Good Morning to all, 

Oh, how I do not like SGS - but that is another story unto itself.

No, you can not use the same product/form, etc - do it over and use a different product.

It doesn't matter if you never had a recall.

by the way, I am surprized it was only a minor - consider yourself lucky.

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you . 

Not being that familiar with SGS, I would think to mitigate the nonconformance you would first conduct root cause analysis but that's more of a function for reporting and correcting the minor. I think continuous improvement is more what you're looking for. You can add that to your audit reporting as well as the corrections made. Our recall form just identifies:

Date, Start time, Recorded by, Reason for recall, Customer, Customer part #, Finished good item #, Job #, Total # of product run, Total # of product shipped, Roll Stock Identified? Ink Identified? Coating Identified? Spray Powder Identified? Hot Melt Glue Identified? Pot Glue Identified? Gun Glue Identified? Tamarack Glue Identified? Film Identified? Corrugated Identified? Was product recalled? Product kept by customer? Was SQF Informed? Stop time and Total time for recall. There's also signature lines for everyone that participated in the (mock) recall and a place to state the scenario if it is a mock recall.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Mock Recalls Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Quaker Recall Open Corrective Actions since 2023 BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? Mock Traceability Exercise for Wholesale SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall?