What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone know the whereabouts of SQFI Guideline on SQF Practitioners?

Started by , Jan 08 2020 11:00 PM
3 Replies

Was reviewing the SQF code for manufacturing 8.1 guidance document, and in the 2.1.2 section the guidance references another document:

The requirements of the SQF practitioner are clearly outlined in 2.1.2.5, and are further described in the SQFI
guideline on SQF practitioners. Note that SQF practitioners are not required to complete an Implementing SQF
Systems training course or Implementing SQF Systems examination, it is not compulsory although either or both is
recommended. However the practitioner is required to understand and demonstrate knowledge of the SQF Code
and its application within the site.

Can't find this anywhere, is it an older one buried in the archives somewhere? Since it's been written in the guidance since ed. 7 my google fu can't track it down.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Listeria mitigation guideline Interpretation guideline for BRCGS issue 9 ISO 22000 interpretation guideline
[Ad]

Maybe that is referring to the Auditing Guidance where it talks about that part a little bit more? Otherwise I am stumped as well.. Can't find any other SQFI guideline on SQF practitioners. 

Got an answer:

"Hello Austin,

What you are looking for can be found in the Manufacturing code in section 2.1.2.5. There is no additional document.

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Clara Martin

Assistant, Customer Service & SQFI Administration

SAFE QUALITY FOOD INSTITUTE

2345 Crystal Dr, Suite 800

Arlington, VA 22202

Customer Service: 202-220-0635"

Can I issue SQFI a non-conformance for having their policy manual reference a document that doesn't exist over several revisions?

1 Like1 Thank

Got an answer:

"Hello Austin,

What you are looking for can be found in the Manufacturing code in section 2.1.2.5. There is no additional document.

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Clara Martin

Assistant, Customer Service & SQFI Administration

SAFE QUALITY FOOD INSTITUTE

2345 Crystal Dr, Suite 800

Arlington, VA 22202

Customer Service: 202-220-0635"

Can I issue SQFI a non-conformance for having their policy manual reference a document that doesn't exist over several revisions?

Hi Austin,

At least they answered. I suppose you could ask for an honorary mention for being(?) the first person to report it.

There are (or were last time I looked) a few (probably inherited)  haccp definition errors in the Standard which I recall pointing out many years ago. Have stood the Test of Time.

Similar Discussion Topics
What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Listeria mitigation guideline Interpretation guideline for BRCGS issue 9 ISO 22000 interpretation guideline SQFI 2.6.3.4 - Recall Notification Seeking criteria or guideline in hygiene zoning for fish cracker production using surimi paste? Missing Section 6 BRCGS Covid-19 Guideline Is there any guideline that old raw material documents (e.g. incoming material checklist, material release checklist) can be disposed of? Does anyone know if ISO 17025:2017 has a guideline to implement?