What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it OK to state on labels - If It's Organic It's Non-GMO

Started by , Jan 09 2020 05:58 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

A quick question – On the labels, is it ok as per the labelling regulation to add the statement- IF IT’S ORGANIC IT’S NON-GMO? Kindly advice.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Help with incorrect labels How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program
[Ad]

I think consumers can assume since it is organic (i'm assuming certified with a badge located on the package somewhere), then it is in fact non-GMO. May not hurt to include a badge somewhere on the package as well that says 'Non-GMO' just in case any consumer is confused or questions it. 

1 Thank

Agree with AC2018, If it is organic certified then it is obviously free from GMOs. Organic standards i referred are NPOP, NOP and Canada in all these standards its clearly mentioned that the organic products must be free of GMOs. But as AC2018 says it is better to mention GMO-free on the labels even though it is organic certified products coz some of the consumers may not be aware of it or get confused.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Help with incorrect labels How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn Outer Case Labels - Australia Organic Status - Flour Production Form of ingredient to include on labels