What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Copacker is BRC audited, we are going for SQF - problem?

Started by , Jan 16 2020 04:54 PM
4 Replies

We are a spice/herb company that also sells a line of confections/sugars. We currently get the majority of our confections prebottled from our supplier. This supplier is BRC audited but not SQF audited. I know that co-packers are supposed to be sqf audited, is this an issue? whats required from me?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What do I need from a copacker making a finished drink for us? Responsibilities for copacker exporting customers product to USA
[Ad]

Hello,

We are SQF Certified and use a co-packer for a couple of our products. Our co-packer is not SQF certified but they are certified under another GFSI scheme. We have a copy of their certificate and this was accepted by the auditor.

Jenna

To my knowledge any GFSI Scheme is acceptable OR they could be audited by you. This is what the code says:

Products and/or processes of co-manufacturers that are considered high risk shall be required to undergo an audit by the site or other third-party agency to confirm compliance to the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and agreed arrangements; and ii. Ensure changes to contractual agreements are approved by both parties and communicated to relevant personnel. 2.3.4.3 Records of all contract reviews and changes to contractual agreements and their approvals shall be maintained.

1 Like

Co packer or contract manufacturer.

Assuming contract manufacturer --- they either need to be SQF or any GFSI scheme or... must meet/match your SQF requirements and provide a 3rd party audit or allow you to commission an audit or do the audit yourself.

Any GFSI scheme should be sufficient to prove that your supplier "incorporates all elements of the SQF system" in producing your material.

Similar Discussion Topics
What do I need from a copacker making a finished drink for us? Responsibilities for copacker exporting customers product to USA