What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities?

Started by , Feb 21 2020 02:41 AM
2 Replies

Good evening everyone, 

I have a question when I prepare SQF audit this year--- about the training part.

We are a pretty new facility and we hire people who knew english, spanish and chinese. Because there are no trainee who can speak spanish, so we did english and spanish version training material. Problem is: if I can translate english to chinese during training, did I still need chinese version training material mandatory? 

What I can find in document is 

2.9.3 Instructions  

2.9.3.1 Instructions shall be available in the languages relevant to the staff, explaining how all tasks critical to meeting regulatory compliance, the maintenance of food safety and process efficiency are to be performed.

Waiting for response and thank you a lot!

Ivy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training
[Ad]

2.9.3 Instructions  

2.9.3.1 Instructions shall be available in the languages relevant to the staff, explaining how all tasks critical to meeting regulatory compliance, the maintenance of food safety and process efficiency are to be performed.

The short answer is yes. Do your staff speak English as well or are they non-English speaking.  How do you communicate current policy with them if they are non-English speaking?  Your materials should be written in the languages for the staff you are hiring that need translation.  For example.  If you have non-English speaking staff that are Chinese, you will need to provide the training materials in each of those languages so that they can be referenced by those staff.  Being able to speak the language to them is fine but they will need documented training in that language as well.  Training verbally in the language is not enough.

Cheers!

1 Like1 Thank

You are required to have your training material in each language that can be read and understood by the employees that read and understand their separate languages.  

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food? Annual Food Safety & Quality Training FSVP Training