What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allowable Mixing of Food Types in Cold Storage operation ?

Started by , Feb 27 2020 04:11 AM
1 Reply

Hi everyone, 

Looking for information in regards to cold storage operation for manufacturing site. I have seen auditors raising  issues that different product/raw material to be kept at different sites, well the whole idea is to prevent cross contamination and if proper control measures are in placed and if food is kept under one roof but in separate storage room should not be a problem. 

Is there any food safety standard which states, how product/raw materials to be stacked in cold storage rooms. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) California Prop 65- Mercury Allowable Limits? Allowable Food Ingredients in Saudi Arabia Maximum allowable limit of Chloride on food products Allowable limit of arsenic in sunflower lecithin
[Ad]

Are you referencing bulk product for manufacturing or finished product in primary and secondary packaging?  I work with finished product that contains allergens and we are able to work around th allergens with PRPs, GDPs, SSOPs and an Allergen Control Program.  however, we are not opening any product or handling any of the raw product itself.  Let me know what you are working with.

Cheers!

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) California Prop 65- Mercury Allowable Limits? Allowable Food Ingredients in Saudi Arabia Maximum allowable limit of Chloride on food products Allowable limit of arsenic in sunflower lecithin Micro Allowable Limit for Fresh Ginger and Turmeric Max Allowable time before cleaning for dairy Allowable water retention in raw poultry under the FDA? What are the allowable limits for metals in chicken nuggets?