What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does FSMA accept Certifications to GFSI-recognised Standards as Equivalent?

Started by , Mar 11 2020 08:45 PM
2 Replies
Good afternoon 

With respect to the FSMA Act, it tells us that the FDA accepts as an audit those certificates that the FDA has recognized as equivalent.

Is my question BRC, FSSC 22000 and Canada recognized by the FDA?

Where can I see which ones are equivalent?

Thank you for the help you can give me
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Farm food safety certifications Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels
[Ad]

Canada is recognized: https://www.fda.gov/...afety-system-us

And my understanding is that they are fine with the others. In what context are you asking this question? Importing?

The certification must cover the product in question and must address the specific food safety hazards you have identified. FDA has also accredited several CB’s. I would advise checking the FDA website to see that the CB is listed.

Similar Discussion Topics
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Farm food safety certifications Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards RTD Coffee Processing Standards Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture?