What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Staying on top of employee food safety training during pandemic

Started by , Mar 17 2020 08:15 PM
8 Replies

Hello,

Our food safety training program is planned throughout the year, monthly or quarterly.

We are indefinitely delaying the large group training sessions until our state drops the small group gathering guidelines for covid-19 social distancing measures.

Has anyone else had success in an SQF audit with a food safety training program that was take-home or self-study? Any ideas of how to deal with training 85 employees and avoid the classroom/quiz format?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hopefully everyone is staying safe ! Staying updated on emerging hazards for TACCP Any easy way of staying up to date with current/new legislation? How is Everyone Staying Aware of Food Defense Incidents? Staying current on nascent FDA regulations
[Ad]

The best option that allows individual training to continue are webinars or online training. 

Of course you do lose the synergy of group training and the face-to-face personal touch, but it can be convenient, cost-effective and at the moment safe.

Regards,

Simon

Remote training actually works quite well and we are doing just that with bunches of people that have been sent home - each one gets a training program by email and can then study, do the exam (by providing us with a numbered list of answers instead of having to print out the exam, filing it out, scanning it and emailing it back) and then once reviewed by us we issue the certificate to the collector (key contact at company.)

Works out well, about ready to distribute for a company with 125 employeees.

I create all of my own material for the employee trainings. Any recommendations for how to put them online? I was thinking a workbook that I can print for each employee would be most efficient use of my time.

Thanks!

I create all of my own material for the employee trainings. Any recommendations for how to put them online? I was thinking a workbook that I can print for each employee would be most efficient use of my time.

Thanks!

Perhaps create as PowerPoint slideshows (and/or videos, audio narration if required) and share them via Dropbox/WeTransfer or similar?

For the past 4 years we have used Mindflash, with is an online training platform. I create all the different courses using powerpoint and then upload them to Mindflash. Employees receive an email invitation and deadline for completion. We have found it to be highly effective and has eliminated the need and hassle of trying to get everyone together for the larger classroom type trainings. Employees can take the training at their own pace within the deadline given. Employees can take the training on their smart phones, home computers, tablets, ect. Multiple quiz/competancy formats can be used at the end of each course. Hope that helps.  :happydance:

1 Like1 Thank

Remote training actually works quite well and we are doing just that with bunches of people that have been sent home - each one gets a training program by email and can then study, do the exam (by providing us with a numbered list of answers instead of having to print out the exam, filing it out, scanning it and emailing it back) and then once reviewed by us we issue the certificate to the collector (key contact at company.)

Works out well, about ready to distribute for a company with 125 employeees.

Have you ever considered using online systems which will allow for lesss manual labour (eg writing the list of correct answers, writing and recieving mail?).

Just curious, because our system doesn't allow to measure success (presentation to result in the final test).

Lucas... yes, we considered this, however it did not allow for getting to know peopleand building relationships.

For creating slideshows from the media material you prepare for the presentation I would recommend you to use this slideshow maker. Some of you'll probably think I'm an idiot but I've recently had the situation when I strongly needed it and didn't have such program installed on my desctop.

I tried it.and I prefer adobe for everything related to video/photo editing.

Similar Discussion Topics
Hopefully everyone is staying safe ! Staying updated on emerging hazards for TACCP Any easy way of staying up to date with current/new legislation? How is Everyone Staying Aware of Food Defense Incidents? Staying current on nascent FDA regulations Staying Alive