What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there a replacement guidance document following the withdrawal of the ISO 22004:2014 (Guidance on the application of ISO 22000)?

Started by , May 07 2020 09:13 AM
5 Replies
I saw that the status of the "ISO 22004:2014 Food safety management systems - Guidance on the application of ISO 22000" is stated as Withdrawn

Capture01.PNG   309.78KB   3 downloads
https://www.iso.org/...dard/60992.html

Does anyone know if there is another official guidance document published by ISO?
I can't seem to find one.

Thank you very much.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment
[Ad]

Hi gkk2302,

Not sure if/when there will be a new guidance. 

There are guidance and resources out there, although not from ISO.

This isn't bad from NQA:

NQA-ISO-22000-Implementation-Guide.pdf   3.04MB   63 downloads

There is also FFSC 22000 guidance for the most important changes in the new version of ISO 22000:2018: https://www.fssc2200...n_Version-5.pdf

And also an IFSQN Food Safety Friday Webinar Recording: Implementing an ISO 22000:2018 Compliant Food Safety Management System – By Tony Connor, Chief Technical Advisor, IFSQN  :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi gkk2302,

Not sure if/when there will be a new guidance. 

There are guidance and resources out there, although not from ISO.

This isn't bad from NQA:

NQA-ISO-22000-Implementation-Guide.pdf

There is also FFSC 22000 guidance for the most important changes in the new version of ISO 22000:2018: https://www.fssc2200...n_Version-5.pdf

And also an IFSQN Food Safety Friday Webinar Recording: Implementing an ISO 22000:2018 Compliant Food Safety Management System – By Tony Connor, Chief Technical Advisor, IFSQN  :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Quite liked the intro material but sadly, the first/second references are IMO not very helpful for differentiating OPRP/CCP. The latter  was a primary driving force for initiating the publication  of  iso22004 (albeit with, IMO, limited success).

Some thoughts on fssc's guidelines here -

https://www.ifsqn.co...rp/#entry158422

Hi Charles,

I would agree that the NQA Guide is lightweight on Section 8.5 Hazard Control but does give a good overview of the new 'Structure' of the ISO 22000:2018 Standard. I think the FSSC 22000 Guidance does go some way to explaining how to differentiate between OPRPs and CCPs in 3.2 THE SELECTION AND CATEGORIZATION OF CONTROL MEASURES: OPRPS AND CCPS.

Given the popularity of the standard, it is disappointing that there isn't a published guidance by Technical Committee ISO/TC 34, Food products, Subcommittee SC 17, Management systems for food safety who prepared ISO 22000:2018.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Charles,

I would agree that the NQA Guide is lightweight on Section 8.5 Hazard Control but does give a good overview of the new 'Structure' of the ISO 22000:2018 Standard. I think the FSSC 22000 Guidance does go some way to explaining how to differentiate between OPRPs and CCPs in 3.2 THE SELECTION AND CATEGORIZATION OF CONTROL MEASURES: OPRPS AND CCPS.

Given the popularity of the standard, it is disappointing that there isn't a published guidance by Technical Committee ISO/TC 34, Food products, Subcommittee SC 17, Management systems for food safety who prepared ISO 22000:2018.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm afraid that I was simply baffled by some of the logic in fssc's oprp/ccp analysis. See link above.

As a guidance document I used the ISO 9001:2015 version - it is quite a useful tool on each of the elements for ISO 22000 (virtually the same - just replace the word quality with food safety)

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing