What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to differentiate between a business crisis and a business disruption?

Started by , Jun 15 2020 02:50 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

I have recently taken over the role of an SQF practitioner in a Bakery. Currently am reviewing our booked. 

Could anyone tell me how to differentiate between a business crisis and a business disruption?

Thanks so much

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? Mock Crisis Report Template Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration
[Ad]

HI, 

Generally business crisis you can look as situations that influence your process to stop completely or to be changed in such manner that you can not perform business any more. For example, fire were your production facility is damaged in such percentage that you can not operate for several months, this is business crisis. Disruption you can look as situations that do not affect process to stop, but asks from you to change and adopt. For me, Covid-19 is not crisis for company at the moment, we will just adopt our practices, change shifts in production etc, but the moment when i can not purchase ingredients, when borders for export are closed, when i have sick employees is the moment when crisis starts...

HI, 

Generally business crisis you can look as situations that influence your process to stop completely or to be changed in such manner that you can not perform business any more. For example, fire were your production facility is damaged in such percentage that you can not operate for several months, this is business crisis. Disruption you can look as situations that do not affect process to stop, but asks from you to change and adopt. For me, Covid-19 is not crisis for company at the moment, we will just adopt our practices, change shifts in production etc, but the moment when i can not purchase ingredients, when borders for export are closed, when i have sick employees is the moment when crisis starts...

Hi Vladimir,

^^^^ I assume you meant [my] Company.

I agree that the difference relates to impact.

Here is a formalised viewpoint -

crisis management.png   292.95KB   0 downloads

Here is a sort of continuum viewpoint differentiated by "actions" -

https://www.nm.euroc...disruption.html

Thanks so much for your explanations. Has helped a lot! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? Mock Crisis Report Template Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada Crisis Management - Emergency Water Supply Crisis Management - 5Ps and 4Ps Crisis Management Test FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations